I started programming in BASIC on a Laser 128 once upon a time. At various points since then, I have used Pascal, C/C++, PHP, and Perl. Currently, I mainly do mobile development for iOS in swift/Objective-C and Android in Java. I do most of my general scripting and data mining in python. I tinker a little with elixir and R.
My first Unix system was a FreeBSD ftp server I built in the mid nineties. I started using RedHat at some point late in the decade. In college I had an account on the Sun mainframe I’d use to check my mail and update my web page. I flirted with Windows 2K in the early part of the decade but once OS X came out I finally had the shell I needed and the gui I wanted together. Day to day, I work with whatever remote system is currently on fire.
- Python math frameworks – pandas, numpy.
- Databases – SQLite, postgres, cassandra, realm.
- Stats mining – matplotlib, seaborn, ggplot2.
- Notebooks – jupyter, zeppelin, shiny.
- Machine learning – scikit, weka, tensorflow, keras.
- Data streaming – spark, redis, kafka.
- Analytics – amplitude, bigquery, data studio.
- Mobile analytics – fabric, branch, mixpanel, clevertap, instabug.